Types of Hacking
We can segregate hacking into different categories, based on what is being hacked. Here is a set of examples –
● Website Hacking − Hacking a website means taking unauthorized control over a web server and its associated software such as databases and other interfaces.
● Network Hacking − Hacking a network means gathering information about a network by using tools like Telnet, NS lookup, Ping, Tracert, Netstat, etc. with the intent to harm the network system and hamper its operation.
● Email Hacking − It includes getting unauthorized access on an Email account and using it without taking the consent of its owner.
● Ethical Hacking − Ethical hacking involves finding weaknesses in a computer or network system for testing purpose and finally getting them fixed.
● Password Hacking − This is the process of recovering secret passwords from data that has been stored in or transmitted by a computer system.
● Computer Hacking − This is the process of stealing computer ID and password by applying hacking methods and getting unauthorized access to a computer system.